Podcasts - Search by category - Suffering/Trials
- Don’t You Believe in Miracles? (45:13)
- Joseph and the Providence of God (42:58)
- When God Prays For You (41:10)
- Trapped! (44:59)
- Why You Need Your Enemies, and Your Enemies Need You. (41:46)
- Rock Bottom Truth (37:40)
- What You Seek, You Find (33:34)
- Elijah Principles Part 2 (34:20)
- The Elijah Principles Part 3 (44:34)
- The Elijah Principles Part 4 (41:25)
- One Sleepless Night (21:46)
- Be Still And Know (34:24)
- Before I Was Afflicted I Went Astray (27:35)
- Faith, Sickness, and Prayer for Healing (45:05)
- Led by the Spirit into the Wilderness (37:45)
- Theology at Midnight (46:08)
- Lucky to Love (39:43)
- Just Say No (39:07)
- Do You Love Me? (30:32)
- How God Helps a Caveman (42:55)
- Harold Camping and the End of the World (43:44)
- God’s Guarantee (39:39)
- When Life Tumbles In, What Then? (34:24)
- The Blessing No One Wants (45:51)
- Don’t Waste Your Pain (46:40)
- But If Not (42:30)
- I’ve Got a Question (52:11)
- The Gospel and 9/11 (18:06)
- A Place to Pray (20:06)
- The Church in China (20:53)
- When Life Goes Bad (50:16)
- The Tragedy of Open-Minded Christianity (38:40)
- Sleeping With the Enemy (37:47)
- Something Big is Happening Here (34:55)
- Do You Know Who You Are? (44:38)
- Are You Willing to Wait for God? (39:51)
- Are You Satisfied With God? (41:31)
- Who Sinned? (40:37)
- How to Love Your Enemies (46:32)
- Why I Believe in the Second Coming of Christ (30:23)
- Show Me Your Glory (37:31)
- The Joseph Affair (32:43)
- When God Doesn’t Make Sense (44:53)
- When You Feel Like Quitting (34:13)
- God Finishes What He Starts (44:21)
- Soli Deo Gloria (44:01)
- His Eye is on the Sparrow (38:18)
- Not Peace But a Sword (26:08)
- How to Grow Through Your Hard Times (46:53)
- Egyptian Christians Proud of Their Martyred Men (19:09)
- Broken Things (36:57)
- Living in Hard Times (41:54)
- Letter to the 21st-Century (48:01)
- Godly Fanaticism (39:43)
- Bragging Rights (37:10)
Don’t You Believe in Miracles? (45:13)If God works miracles some of the time, why doesn’t he work them all the time?
Joseph and the Providence of God (42:58)
Joseph’s story teaches us that God is involved in everything that happens to us, including those things that seem to make no sense. (Sermon)
When God Prays For You (41:10)Romans 8:26-27 assures us that when we can’t pray, the Holy Spirit prays for us. When you cannot speak, he speaks for you.
What do you do when you don’t like the circumstances of your life and it seems as if nothing is going to change anytime soon? You must go back and find out where God is in the midst of your frustration. (Sermon)
You need your enemies to help you become like Christ, and your enemies need you to become like Christ to them. (Sermon)
Rock Bottom Truth (37:40)
Jeremiah 29:11 is meant to help us while we are in the furnace with the certain truth that we are there for a purpose, that it won’t last forever, and that God will be glorified and we will be improved by our “furnace time.” (Sermon)
What You Seek, You Find (33:34)Through our hard times, we learn to seek God. And we truly seek God above everything else, we find him.
Elijah Principles Part 2 (34:20)Sometimes God sets us aside for a period in order to prepare us for greater work in the future. God never wastes anything—not even the “down times” of life.
The Elijah Principles Part 3 (44:34)If God works miracles some of the time, why doesn’t he work them all the time? We must learn that miracles are not about us. Miracles are about God.
The Elijah Principles Part 4 (41:25)1 Kings 19 tells us how God met Elijah at his lowest point. From this story we learn four principles that will help us when we feel like running away and giving up.
One Sleepless Night (21:46)From the story of Jesus praying in Gethsemane we learn something about God’s will, something about temptation, and something about the high cost of our salvation.
Be Still And Know (34:24)Where is God in the midst of hard times? Psalm 46:10 teaches us to be silent, and in our silence we will know God when life makes no sense.
Theology at Midnight (46:08)If with Paul and Silas you can sing praise to God at midnight, then what you’ve got is real.
Lucky to Love (39:43)Nothing is too small to bring to God’s attention. If it matters to you, it matters to him.
Just Say No (39:07)God honors those who dare to say no.
Do You Love Me? (30:32)One reason we don’t get better is beacuse we don’t want to face the hard truth about what we have said and done.
How God Helps a Caveman (42:55)If you keep your eyes open for God, pretty soon you’ll see him everywhere.
God’s Guarantee (39:39)The Holy Spirit is the “first installment” of our salvation. He is God’s “deposit” in our lives, guaranteeing that God will one day finish what he has started.
When Life Tumbles In, What Then? (34:24)We do not gain if we turn away from God in the time of trouble. If we turn away from God, we lose our only ground of hope.
The Blessing No One Wants (45:51)Even in the most difficult moments, God’s people can rejoice because he is at work doing something important in them.
Don’t Waste Your Pain (46:40)Don’t waste your pain. Use it as a means to minister to others.
But If Not (42:30)Even if we are not delivered from our troubles, we will not bow down.
I’ve Got a Question (52:11)Pastor Ray answers questions at Cannon Beach Conference Center, June 2012.
The Gospel and 9/11 (18:06)Pastor Ray discusses the gospel in light of 9/11 with Nancy Turner on “This is the Day.”
A Place to Pray (20:06)We must learn to pray as if our lives depended on it – because they do.
The Church in China (20:53)A radio interview discussing what we can learn from the amazing growth of the Chinese church.
When Life Goes Bad (50:16)No one is poor who has learned to depend on Christ alone.
Sleeping With the Enemy (37:47)Sometimes godliness is measured by holding on when it would be easier to give up.
Something Big is Happening Here (34:55)
Something much bigger is going through our struggles in this world. (Sermon)
Do You Know Who You Are? (44:38)When you know who you are, you can serve Christ anywhere.
Are You Willing to Wait for God? (39:51)You Redeemer is on the way. He’s just not working on your schedule.
Are You Satisfied With God? (41:31)How many of us could say that we are satisfied with the Lord and how he has dealt with us?
Who Sinned? (40:37)You never know when or how the Lord himself may break into your life with transforming power.
How to Love Your Enemies (46:32)
We must say to our enemies, "I love you. I would rather die than hate you.” (Sermon)
If this really is the terminal generation, the smartest thing you can do is to give your life 100% to Jesus Christ. (Sermon)
Show Me Your Glory (37:31)
When this prayer is answered, others will know it before you will. (Sermon)